SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN
Parent's Right to Know
August 8, 2023
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Students Succeeds Act, North Whitfield Middle School would like to inform you that you may request information about the professional qualifications of your student’s teacher(s) and/ or paraprofessional(s). The following information may be requested:
- Whether the student’s teacher…
- has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
- is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If you wish to request information concerning your child’s teacher’s and/or paraprofessional’s qualifications, please contact Principal Mandie Jones at 706-516-2200.
Northwest High School's Annual School Report Card
The Governor's Office of Student Achievement (GOSA) prepares Georgia's State, Local and School Annual Report Cards. The Annual Report Cards contain test results as well as other information relevant to school performance toward the goals of student achievement and school completion. The Report Card is in compliance with both state and federal laws with respect to reporting requirements. GOSA partners with the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) to produce the K-12 Public Schools Reports since much of the data comes from GaDOE.